Original film & television memorabilia dealer, ScreenUsed, has announced they will be holding an online auction consisting of original props, costumes, and ephemera on July 21st.
According to the announcement, ScreenUsed co founders, Desi Dos Santos & Jeff Castillo, decided to hold the auction because they feel there is a demand for a mid tier auction offering, as opposed to only “million dollar” or “warehouse blowout” level auction items. The auction items I saw varied in price points, with many items in the above mentioned mid level range.
The online auction consists of 359 lots and is being hosted online by icollector.
Register to bid HERE later today.
Some of the many interesting items up for grabs include:
Arnold Schwarzenegger “T-800″ Stage 1 leather jacket from “Terminator 2: Judgement Day”
Original production-used Mattel Hoverboard from “Back to the Future 2 & 3″
Rocketeer helmet from “The Rocketeer”
Complete Will Farrell hero “Buddy” elf costume from Elf
“Star Wars Episode VI:-Return of the Jedi” , “Blue Harvest” clapperboard
Thomas F. Wilson screen-worn “Biff Tannen” jacket from “Back to the Future 2″
Screen-used deadly flying sphere from “Phantasm 2″
Original surface section of the Death Star from “Star Wars: Episode IV-A New Hope”
There will be many more items up for auction and interested bidders can register later today to bid HERE. . The auction is taking place online only on July 21st at 10am PDT/1pm EDT.
*Update: 2:55PM eastern:
Later this afternoon, ScreenUsed sent this press release out to the general media:
ScreenUsed Live On-Line Movie and Television Memorabilia Auction Slated for July 21, 2012
San Jose, California – June 22, 2012 – ScreenUsed, co-owned by Desi DosSantos and Jeff Castillo, have announced today their company will hold it’s first on-line auction through iCollector.com.
The two business partners founded ScreenUsed in 2003. What began as a hobby for them in the 1990s has grown into one of the leading companies providing original Film & Television production memorabilia to collectors worldwide. Their mission from the start has been to keep ScreenUsed as a small, customer friendly service that is built on reputation. They are serious about authentication when acquiring pieces for the website and this auction, as they know their future depends on it. Each production piece in this auction will include a descriptive, signed ScreenUsed COA.
Desi DosSantos has stated “We feel there is demand in the market for a mid-tier auction offering – not the million dollars per item level, nor the warehouse blowout level. We feel confident this is a nice compilation of items that will hopefully have something for everyone and at varying price levels. Furthermore, we want to bring the ScreenUsed brand of customer service that is unparalleled from the retail side and apply it to auctions. We feel that our business is about relationships and we believe treating people well is good business.”
“ScreenUsed maintains an in-house, museum-quality, Plexiglas display case manufacturing facility that is well known for its high level of craftsmanship and display methodology. We offer this custom service to our auction customers in order to help preserve, protect, and display your new treasured piece.”, said Jeff Castillo who handcrafts each display.
There are no reserves on the auction lots; the starting price is where the auction starts. Here are some highlights from the auction:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “T-800″ stage 1 leather jacket from Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Original production-used Mattel Hoverboard from Back to the Future II & III
- Complete Will Farrell hero “Buddy” elf costume from Elf
- Rocketeer Helmet from The Rocketeer
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi “Blue Harvest” clapperboard
- Thomas F. Wilson screen-worn “Biff Tannen” jacket from Back to the Future II
- Original DeLorean Time Machine parts from Back to the Future III
- Mike Myers hero “Austin Powers” costume from Austin Powers in Goldmember
- Screen-used Deadly Flying Sphere from Phantasm II
- Jewel Staite “Kaylee” costume from Serenity
- Original surface section of the Death Star from Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
- Tom Selleck “Thomas Magnum” Hawaiian shirt from Magnum P.I.
- Prop miniature HMS Titanic propeller from Titanic
- Jason Voorhees stunt machete from Freddy vs. Jason
- Pair of screen-used police IDs from The Terminator
- Christopher Lloyd “Uncle Fester” long coat from Addams Family
- Original section of the Hollywood Sign
There is much, much more.